Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well 2009 has finally arrived.  We got back from visiting our daughter and  her family in Virginia for the holidays.  A lot of the time was spent shopping with the grandchildren to spend their Christmas money.  Kaitlynn will be sweet "16"  on the 16th of January so most of her shopping was for clothes.  Madison spent hers mostly on  her Christmas wish list items that Santa didn't have room to pack in his sleigh.  We really had a great time just spending time with family. Robby's girls,  Amber, Megan and Tiffany went to New York with their mother for their holiday trip. It was their first time seeing snow. They made snowballs, sledding, and snowmen.  I am anxiously awaiting pictures from them to post on the blog.  I know they had a really fun time, they were also able  to visit other special places around the area, like the Statue of Liberty, their first ride on the subway, and their first ride in a taxi cab, and rode on the Stanton Island Ferry. Truly, this was a trip to remember.  We left Virginia on New Year's Eve and stopped in Georgia for a visit with my aunt Margie  we arrived in time to see the ball drop and ring in the New Year with her.  It has been 4 years since we were there last.  On New Year's Day we  ate our traditional New Year's meal, black eyed peas among other dishes, we later visited my brother Dennie  and his family in Wrightsville, Georgia.  I was able to visit with my Uncle Billy on Friday, he has been ill for quite sometime.  Due to his failing health issues, I am so glad that I was able to make it by to see him this visit. Later that afternoon, my cousin Brenda took me and my Aunt Margie to Warner Robbins to shop at the "HUGE"  HOBBY LOBBY store,  I was overwhelmed it was so much fun, of course I overspent money and time there.  This is the first time I had been to a Hobby Lobby store, several of my friends have had the opportunity to visit the chain store, but I had not until this holiday while visiting family in Georgia.  I was able to get a few things that I would normally have to acquire online, so this was a plus for me as we no longer have a local scrapbook store in our immediate area. These are a few pictures I took on my visit. 

DSCF0030 DSCF0036 DSCF0052a

DSCF0054 DSCF0093 DSCF0017

The pictures "above" were taken a few days before Christmas here in Florida before Amber, Megan and Tiffany went to New York,  they exchanged gifts with their dad.

IMG_1449IMG_1476 IMG_1518 IMG_1500 IMG_1488 IMG_1514 IMG_1498IMG_1479  IMG_1283  IMG_1302

IMG_1295 IMG_1305 IMG_1289

I feel blessed to have been able to spend time with family this holiday season, and I thank God that he traveled with us and brought us home safely.  I look forward to scrapbooking these treasured memories.   This completes  photos taken in 2008 and I know 2009 pictures  will be just as eventful. 

No comments: