Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spools Galore!!

OMG,  today was my lucky day at an Estate Sale to find so many vintage wooden spools.  My friend June had gone to an Estate sale on Friday. When I visited her on Saturday she shared some of the laces and ribbons with me that she found, however, I spotted a few wooden spools she had also picked up,I said Oh that is what I am looking for and so we made another dash out to the same Estate Sale hoping it would still be going on, and lo and behold to my amazement I was the lucky recipient of all these wonderful wooden spools. I also found some vintage pen nibs. Tim Holtz would be so proud of my findings. There were other miscellaneous sewing items that I managed to get as well, another smaller muffin pan, some vintage crochet threads spools, a vintage jar with advertising, old metal zippers, and I almost forgot a vintage tape measure,and some old wooden needle holders.

IMG_0949IMG_0955 IMG_0913IMG_0919

The far left picture is all the spools I was lucky enough to get at the estate sale (90)

showing the labels and there were (6)) with no labels , next three photos are just various photos  of the same spools

 

IMG_0928 IMG_0925

Vintage tape measure, and pen nibs

IMG_0935IMG_0942IMG_0917

Wooden needle holders, various photos of balls of crochet thread, far right photo shows the vintage jar I found with red lettering, I think it was an ink bottle, photo also shows metal zippers, it also shows two old plastic zipper containers.