Monday, April 2, 2012

Garage Sale Finds Before and After

Last Saturday my husband and I decided to go to a few garage sales. I truly have maxed out my scrapbook room space, however,  you know me and my love of vintage findings I couldn’t resist a few more terrific bargains.  Needless to say, I was back at it again painting and distressing my newly found treasures. Now I am forced stick to laces and ribbons and buttons and etc. for my future garage sale, thrift store ventures, absolutely, positively no room, for anything else.

BEFORE:

IMG_0845

Left to right, paper towel holder, basket (cutlery and napkin basket), wooden spindle rack,coca cola wooden box, old shoe shine box.

IMG_0850IMG_0848

Close up views of basket and rack

IMG_0846IMG_0847

Close up views of  vintage shoe shine box.

*** I don’t plan to re-do the coca cola box, due to the resale value if I choose not to hold on to it.

After:

IMG_0873IMG_0886IMG_0881IMG_0893IMG_0895

Also, same day at different garage sales I found these jewelry findings to use for my mini scrapbooks for charms to hang from the rings or just decorate ribbons and charms to hang  from flower embellishments, etc.

IMG_0856IMG_0859IMG_0861

Below is a picture of a pin cushion I made using a recycled tin can, for the topper I inverted two ball jar rings and inserted the pin cushion it lifts off to hold pins and needles and a small pair of scissors.

IMG_0888IMG_0855

I also found a nice wooden Windsor style rolling chair for my scrap room, I really like it.  The price was right $15.00, how could I pass that up…….Now I will have to make a trip to “Calico Corners” to find fabric to make a chair cushion.  I see another project on the horizon!  Hopefully, I can replace that old ugly teal carpet soon, however, I will have to be content for now.  This would be a major project to move everything out to put down  new carpet I need to purchase a vinyl mat now that I have casters on my chair, it doesn’t roll that smoothly on the carpet.