Thursday, January 5, 2012

Shabby Chic Altered Cigar Box and Mini Paper Bag Album

 

This is my first “Inspirational Project” for 2012

One of my New Years Resolution is to try and Blog more and finish

projects I start.  See if it works this year.

I have been busy working on my family history and Genealogy Research.  I

really enjoy the research.  I hope to have enough information to publish

my family history in book format to present to family members

at our annual Family Reunion held the first Saturday in October.

Perhaps this album will hold some Heritage photos to display at the Family

Reunion Gathering.  Just a thought, I will need to gather old photos

to put in this album, this should be fun!!!

I still have to add the feet for the box, I will make my trip to Michaels to purchase the

Tim Holtz decorative “angle legs”  I will paint them white and distress to match box.

I could not over embellish this album, the box

depth is shallow and the lid would not close so I kept it fairly simple, once

the photos are added there is not much room to add excessive embellishments.…

* Just to add note when viewing album you will notice

the paint splotches on the pages, this is where I plan to stamp images so they will

stand out.  Once I choose the photos for album, I will be then do my stamping to co-ordinate

stamps  and quotes with photos.