Friday, April 9, 2010

Old Sewing Machine Drawers

About a year or so ago, my husband took the drawers out of an old  Singer sewing machine that had belonged to his mother.  The cabinet was not salvageable, but we kept the drawers.  I saw them sitting in my husbands shed out back and decided it was time to redo them and begin to use them again in my scrapbook room.  I wished I had taken before and after pictures. What was I thinking!  Oh well, I am happy with the results and love where they are now displayed in my newly redone scrapbooking area.  Perfect spot for them!!!!!!!!

IMG_0407 IMG_0408

The lighter pink is more the true colors.  I guess it is just the lighting at the time my flash was on that gives the peach tint to them.   I painted them white and then sanded them, applied pink acrylic paint and then roughly sanded them to bring out the under coat of  the old walnut stain and gave them a shabby chic look,  I really love they way they turned out.  They hold a lot of fun things to create with.