Friday, April 9, 2010

Great Idea to display Ribbons

I recently saw on a blog that I follow an idea to store ribbons.  I love having my eye candy out to inspire me to create and use up some of my prized embellishments, and ribbon and laces are my weakness when it comes to embellishments.

I changed it up a bit from the one I saw on the blog.  She used chipboard and cut the partitions in the shape of a spool, which was a really cool idea, however, I had a lot of scrap clear acrylic that was left over from one of the classes I taught and thought it would be perfect to be able to see through the partitions and really show off the vibrancy  of my ribbon and laces.  Of course, this is not all my stash, but some of my favorite ones.

ribbon-card-holder 

 

Below  is my version of the above idea. I went crazy and made two.  I love how they add so much color to my shelves.  I am so loving them.

IMG_0413 birdcage album_029

birdcage album_031