Sunday, November 16, 2008

Adding new touches to my scrapbook room

DSCF0006

DSCF0008 DSCF0009

DSCF0010 DSCF0014 DSCF0012

Last week I was feeling a little overwhelmed when I would walk into my scrapbook room. There is just too much stuff  I can't seem to part with and no room for it all.  I put on my thinking cap and came up with a couple solutions to my ever growing delima  of how to arrange my stash to allow me room to crop.  I first took out the plastic storage units that stored my Stampin Up rubber stamp sets and placed them into my Laundry area, that cleared off much needed counter space, then I made a dash out to Home Depot to look around for ideas, no brainstsorms hit me, then I saw the pre-cut sections of peg board and thought how perfect that would be.  I used to pass that idea up time and time again because I have no wall space, but to my surprise that was a wonderful solution to my immediate problem.  Now mind you I have lots more issues to deal with, but for now I am very happy.  Considering my space is somewhat of a primitive nature anyway, my room was actually a tool room for my husband and it really is quite "primative" no real carpet on the floor and the ceiling doesn't have drywall only styrofoam panels exposed.  Some years ago we put a roof over a flat deck that was once a carport and extended the roof to accomadate for the what was tool room at that time it became my sewing room, slowly my scrapbooking took over my love for sewing so fabric was then boxed up in storage containers and placed in the large utility shed outside, now it is exclusively used for scrapbooking, of course an occasional sewing project or mending.  I visit my friend's homes and see the wonderful rooms they have to work in and I get a little depressed, but I just thank God that I have what I have and it is more than others so I feel blessed just to have a space to call my little "Peaceful Haven". I love to create and when my space is clean I get real inspired to do just that. Credit goes to my husband who came home after working hard all day at his job and saw what I was doing and he was a real sweetheart to install the peg board panels for me and I stayed up late to arrange it all so here is what the final results was...Not plush and lush, but I am thankful for what I have....

No comments: