Sunday, January 6, 2008

Recap of Holiday Events

The trip to Virginia to visit our daughter, Tina and family was both joyous and eventful.
I loved being with them so much even when our Christmas dinner didn't quite go as we
had hoped. Tina's oven went on the blink Christmas Eve and we had to travel around
20 miles to cook Christmas dinner at her mother-in-laws house and then travel 20 miles back to Tina's house to a starving family. The turkey never got done, thank GOD, the ham was good.
After all the dilema surrounding shopping during the holidays for a new range and many
fast food trips, we finally got to eat a homecooked meal before we left for home. Even with
all the other minor events that happened, it was good to be with family for the holidays. Tina
and I never got to do any scrapbooking- "Boo Hoo!" I am hoping to go back in the Spring
and she and I will have more time to visit and hopefully let our creative juices flow and come
back with some fresh new ideas to share with everyone in upcoming classes.

I trust 2008 will be a good year for everyone! One of my New Year's Resolutions is to try and
complete projects I start and also complete some of the ones that are not finished from 2007.
I am not going to go overboard with a long list of Resolutions which will probally not happen anyway. Start out simple and anything else that gets accomplished will be a great big PLUS.
Pray more for others and be thankful for what I have and the blessings will come. I don't take
the time as much as I should to let others now how much I appreciate them in my life, this is
one of the things I plan to do this year.

God Bless everyone who reads this post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to view your blog! It's nice to see what you are up to. It's too bad that I only got to "run into" your husband while you were here in Va, glad to hear you had a great visit!